Experiment or bust?
Do you really need a test?
A PPC account that is running pretty well can always do better. But why rock the boat? What else is there to do other than optimise what you’ve got?
I’m here to tell you that if you don’t have at least 10% of your PPC budget free to experiment at all times, you’re soon going to fall behind.
Here is how to experiment and move your account forward:
– Plan – not more than 2 quarters ahead because the landscape of features and ad formats changes about every 6 months.
– Try not to test multiple things at once otherwise it becomes impossible to unpick what test is behind any changes in performance.
– Do the math to determine how much data you need for statistically significant results.
– Google Campaign Experiments helps you try out new things in a controlled and scientific way.
– Be clear about what you’re hoping to see from a test – better CTR, lower CPC, better conversion rate, higher AOV etc.
You really do need to test, and the simple reason why is that your competitors certainly will be. So why let them have the edge? When it comes to digital marketing, you can’t be sure of anything until you have the data, and only testing will give you that data.
Latest Blog Posts
Ad Formats For Your Facebook Campaigns
Take a look at our blog post...Find Out More
Stop Using Robots.txt Noindex By September
Google have announced they will no longer...Find Out More
How The Death Of Average Position Makes PPC Better
Why Google Is Sunsetting It & How...Find Out More
Google Search Console’s Data Outage Caused By Indexing Bug
The aftermath of the indexing bug has...Find Out More