Experiment or bust?
Do you really need a test?
A PPC account that is running pretty well can always do better. But why rock the boat? What else is there to do other than optimise what you’ve got?
I’m here to tell you that if you don’t have at least 10% of your PPC budget free to experiment at all times, you’re soon going to fall behind.
Here is how to experiment and move your account forward:
– Plan – not more than 2 quarters ahead because the landscape of features and ad formats changes about every 6 months.
– Try not to test multiple things at once otherwise it becomes impossible to unpick what test is behind any changes in performance.
– Do the math to determine how much data you need for statistically significant results.
– Google Campaign Experiments helps you try out new things in a controlled and scientific way.
– Be clear about what you’re hoping to see from a test – better CTR, lower CPC, better conversion rate, higher AOV etc.
You really do need to test, and the simple reason why is that your competitors certainly will be. So why let them have the edge? When it comes to digital marketing, you can’t be sure of anything until you have the data, and only testing will give you that data.
Latest Blog Posts
How to Improve your SEO for Black Friday and Cyber Monday
With Black Friday and Cyber Monday looming,...Find Out More
Instagram: Top new features and updates
Learn about the latest developments of the...Find Out More
Why you should embrace Microsoft Ads
Understand how Microsoft Ads could be a...Find Out More
SEO & PR Need to Work Together
Understand the importance of this relationship.