Experiment or bust?
Do you really need a test?
A PPC account that is running pretty well can always do better. But why rock the boat? What else is there to do other than optimise what you’ve got?
I’m here to tell you that if you don’t have at least 10% of your PPC budget free to experiment at all times, you’re soon going to fall behind.
Here is how to experiment and move your account forward:
– Plan – not more than 2 quarters ahead because the landscape of features and ad formats changes about every 6 months.
– Try not to test multiple things at once otherwise it becomes impossible to unpick what test is behind any changes in performance.
– Do the math to determine how much data you need for statistically significant results.
– Google Campaign Experiments helps you try out new things in a controlled and scientific way.
– Be clear about what you’re hoping to see from a test – better CTR, lower CPC, better conversion rate, higher AOV etc.
You really do need to test, and the simple reason why is that your competitors certainly will be. So why let them have the edge? When it comes to digital marketing, you can’t be sure of anything until you have the data, and only testing will give you that data.
Latest Blog Posts
Starting a new job in lockdown
Our SEO Account Manager shares her experience...Find Out More
Is it too late to fix Core Web Vitals issues before the May 2021 deadline?
Core Web Vitals Coming in May -...Find Out More
What will Paid Search be like in 5 years?
Read our predictions for the next few...Find Out More
5 SEO trends to include in your 2021 strategy
By Sophie Mitchell - SEO, Content &...Find Out More